Solventbased, UV-curable and Latex Inks
WOWTack S CL
Crystal clear polyester film with highly transparent ink receiving layer and a super clear ultra removable acrylic based adhesive. WOWTack S CL can used for glass decoration and shop window graphic advertising - showcases and display cases look like "direct print". The graphic can be simply applied dry and removed, with no residue.
|Art. Number||Width (mm)||Thickness||Length (m)|
- High brillance of colours
- Good scratch resistance
- Reverse side has a high transparent acrylic adhesive.
- Highly transparent (clear - on - clear)
- Dry application possible from inside or outside when mirroring the image
- Crystal clear, glossy
- Self-adhesive with polyester release liner
|Release liner||clear polyester film|
|Coating Printside||crystal clear, glossy|
|Thickness base material with inkjet coating||0.095 mm|
|Core Diameter||76 mm|
|Type of adhesive||solvent based acrylic adhesive|
|Base Material||Polyester film, optically clear, 0.075 mm|
|Total thickness||0.150 mm|
|Packing quantity||1 roll|
- Useable on most large format Ink Jet printers using latex inks.
- Useable on most large format Ink Jet printers using solvent ink systems.
- Useable on most large format Ink Jet printers using UV curing ink systems.
Glass has a tendency to absorb heat when it is exposed to solar radiation. In insulating glass panes that are specially covered with dark areas in whole or in part, glass breakage may result due to thermal stresses with extreme temperature fluctuations. We therefore recommend to cover only max. 25% of the glass size and to avoid dark areas of colour with high colour saturation if possible. If applied onto curved surfaces please be aware that label lift off can occur especially if the radius is tight. It is up to the user to test for there own suitability/application, due to the wide variety of surfaces, applications & desired results.
Before printing it is absolutely necessary to check that the correct drying temperature has been set by carrying out a trial print. Too high drying temperatures can lead to a deformation of the film which can later cause further problems while processing.
Note for Latex-Inks:
To avoid the effect of rewetting (oil film on the print surface due to defective anchorage of ink) it is necessary to establish the optimal drying parameter. This can be done by means of print tests before production print. Rewetting can appear several days after printing when the drying condtions are defective. The rewetting can also be dependent on the given ambient conditions and the composition and consistence of the printing theme. When creating a media profile, this circumstance must be expressly taken into consideration.
Drying time / Processing:
The VOC which are contained in solvent and latex inks must be fully dried before further processing. For this reason it is necessary to take long enough drying times into account. The drying time of the printed media depends very much on the quantity of solvent applied. When printing the film in a roll-to-roll process, the printed strip must be unrolled and laid flat as soon as soon as possible until final drying. Solvent residues due to insufficient drying times can lead to blocking during transport in rolled-up form. During lamination such residues can negatively impact the quality of the finished product (flatness, shrinkage behaviour, anchorage, etc...).
The printed surface must be protected if it is subject over a long time to humidity, abrasion, sweat or other mechanical influences. In this case the print must be protected with self-adhesive laminating films or appropriate liquid lamination products.
In order to avoid denting the film laminate during transport we basically recommend to wind up the finished printings on paperboard cores with minimum diameters of 76mm.
- Clean the window and work area.
- Prepare a foil squeegee with felt or Alcantara edge, alternative felt squeegee with sharp edge.
- Cut the printed film to the desired size.
- Remove the release liner film and place it on the workspace as far as possible flat lying and without any creases.
- Position the printed film on the window, the initial adhesion holds the film slightly on it.
- To avoid marking the film please take the previously removed silicon release back liner and place it flush on top of the image side with the edge on top of the film.
- Streak the air with a squeegee with moderate pressure from the center to the edges.
- Finally remove the silicon release liner covering the film.
- Shelf life: 1 year after delivery
- After printing the remaining roll must be removed from the plotter and stored in its closed original packing in a cool and dry environment.